Never have I ever…
- Googled pivot tables to make sense of that cluttered data.
- Trained a client for hours (& answered how to log in to the account the next day).
- Said to a client "I'll get back to you" but forgot about it.
- Been blindsided by a client who had no complaints but didn't renew the subscription.
- Offered huge discounts on plans just to retain the client at the last moment.
Well, what can be said is that customer success management is simple, not easy. That’s where intelligent and effective customer success software can help you.
A customer success software is a set of tools that allows a business to manage its client lifecycle. The software gives a precise picture of the customers by building their detailed profiles. The profile has information about their relationship history with you, current engagement status, payments, and feedback.
All this can provide you clarity about their product adoption and health score along with predictions of a potential upsell and probable churn.
What are the benefits of customer success software?
1) Drives recurring revenue- No matter how good your product is, a client will renew the services only if they find value in it. But how to ensure that they’re actually utilizing your product to its full capabilities?
That’s where the analytics of customer success software will help you. You can monitor the customer usage history, their patterns, track the activity to optimize their product adoption. Once they’ll see the value in your product, you can expect timely renewals as well.
2) Streamlines client information- Imagine juggling between Google sheets, phonebooks, and emails just to refer to past client communication. Sounds exhausting, isn’t it? Customer success software records and compiles all the client details and communications with a timeline structure. This unifies the client profile and allows smooth transitions if a new member joins your team.
3) Predicts churns- How helpful it would be if you could know beforehand which clients are thinking of discontinuing their subscription! This will give you a headstart to focus your attention and efforts to retain the client. With the engagement and health score analytics of customer success software, you can identify the red flags and predict the probable churn cases.
4) Improves your product- Often the customer feedback is not verbal but behavioral. You can determine if a new feature added to your product is a hit or a miss among your customers by simply tracking their usage. Such usage analytics help you with crucial insights to enhance your product.
But hunting for software that attends all your pain points without being too heavy on the pockets can be a challenging task.
Don’t stress, we’ve got you covered. Here’s the compilation of the 10 best customer success software with all the details you’ll need for making an informed decision.
Here’s an overview. But if you wish to know more, keep scrolling to read the descriptions for each software below.
10 Best Value For Money Customer Success Software
EngageBay is a powerful all-in-one solution for your business needs that can help you acquire, foster, and promote your services. Its simple and easy-to-use interface and proactive support team make it popular among users.
The free version provides tools for
- Email automation & sequencing
- Landing pages & forms
- Lead acquisition
- 360-degree contact & company view
- User activity analysis
- Ticket & chat management
& much more. This gets amplified with the paid plans where you get calling minutes, push notifications, email broadcast, and a dedicated account manager.
- Free Version
- Basic: $10.79 per user/month
- Growth: $35.99 per user/month
- Pro: $57.59 per user/month
Gainsight is one of the most highly-rated software among the customer success software and the following features explain why.
- Accurate client health scores
- Effectively forecasts churns
- Multiple integration options
- Feedback collection
- Links financial data of customers with their profiles
- Library of best practices for customer engagement
The personalized plans are shared by Gainsight’s sales team after reviewing your custom requirements.
Gainsight promises to boost your business revenue by providing AI-enabled analytics and aligning your customer communication with expansion opportunities.
Vitally allows you to set up your rule-based alerts so that you can reach out to the customers and connect at the right time.
The UI/UX of the product is liked by the users as it is easy to understand and the reports are concise. Some of the key features are:
- Customer health report
- NPS score analytics
- Workflow automation
- Automated personalized emails & surveys
There is a wide range of platforms that you can integrate with Vitally to create a centralized database of customers.
They have a separate plan for startups with $299/month if you have less than 25 employees.
SmartKarrot is known for its data-driven approach along with operational plans that every team can follow to enhance customer engagement.
It has intelligent reports that allow customer success professionals to take prompt action for a customer.
Its key features are:
- A unified and streamlined platform for data analysis
- Custom alerts for timely action
- Automated campaigns
- Touchpoint management
It’s a great tool for maintaining the customer journey with task management and relevant surveys.
ChurnZero is the software that adopts a customer-centric approach in designing its product. The dashboard is easy to understand with all the necessary tools required for predicting churn and retaining customers.
Some of the main features provided by ChurnZero are:
- Plays & automation for reducing time on redundant tasks
- Real-time custom alerts based on customer activity
- Clear & easy to understand reports for identifying potential churns
- Simple interface with a helpful support team
Apart from this, they have great options for customer segmentation and automatic feedback collection. They also provide integrations with most of the tools like HubSpot, Salesforce, Zoho, Microsoft CRM to name a few.
Help Scout provides help desk services that allow effective customer communication.
It includes the following features-
- Automated responses
- Chat/messaging tools
- Call center management
- Email management
- Standard: $20 per user/month
- Plus: $35 per/month
- Company: custom plans and prices based on the requirement
You can streamline your communications through this platform easily.
Custify provides actionable tasks for the team to manage customers efficiently. It has automated workflows that can be easily implemented to save time & effort.
Along with sharing predictive insights about customer health scores, it also helps in
- Engagement tracking
- CSAT & NPS survey structure
- Customer segmentation
- Automated and custom alerts
Custify doesn’t provide a free trial but the monthly subscription starts from $199 and a custom plan can be discussed too.
Zendesk has different solutions for sales, services, and marketing. The Support Suite provides multi-channel communication and centralizes all the conversations in one place.
Its affordable plans and customer-centric features like
- Mobile application for iOS and Android
- Task management & assignment
- Call center management
- Call recording & logging
allows it to provide a wholesome service experience.
- Foundational Support: $19 per user/month
- Suite Team: $49 per user/month
- Guite Growth: $79 per user/month
- Suite Professional: $99 per user/month
Totango is a great solution for organizing and managing your multi-channel customer database.
The following features add to the value of this software
- Customer journey mapping
- Lead & customer management
- Sentiment Analysis
- Complaint Monitoring
It offers a free version along with a 30-day trial of custom plans.
You might wonder that Slack is not a customer success software, it's a team communication tool so it shouldn't be listed here.
But there is a tool you can plug with your Slack (the current communication channel you use!) to turn this into your customized customer onboarding platform.
We, at Paco, went to the basics and realized that customer success is all about communicating proactively & regularly with your customers, listening to their needs, and providing prompt responses. So what's better than leveraging the existing communication tools that have been perfected for the last many years!
And that's how Paco was born to use your existing Slack account to work as a customer onboarding tool.
Here's how Paco helps you:
- Create repeatable playbooks
- Centralized communication
- Schedule automatic check-ins, a feedback session
- Create customized workflows to assign tasks to clients or teams
- Visual tracking of customer onboarding progress
Find out all about it here.
There are many options to choose from which can be overwhelming. You can start out with an affordable solution like Paco that can help you create 'WOW' moments for your customers.
Its tailored playbooks can automate your time-consuming, repetitive tasks so that you can invest your time better. Actionable suggestions help you to proactively engage with customers while organizing everything in a single space. Check out Paco!