Humans are at the center of it
In our first blog, we talked about what being blocked means. Today we will explore ways in which a team can deal with blockers.
Any effective solution to deal with execution blockers for software development teams has to start with the humans at the center of it. The tools and the processes only come later.
Empowerment & Accountability
A hallmark of an unempowered team is that the sole responsibility of unblocking the team falls on the managers. Makers are focused solely on what is their plate.
What does it take to create more empowerment and team accountability.
- Trust your employees
- Build a culture of recognition and encouragement
- Be more open to new ideas
- Build a culture to delegate when required
Your company culture has an outsized impact on how your team acts. This is the single most underestimated aspect when it comes to effectively dealing with execution blockers.
- Build openness and transparency
- Encourage your team to take a more of half glass full lens.
- Reward the right behavior
- Most importantly, don't leave culture to chance. Work proactively to shape it.There’s no time!
There’s no time!
Is your team too stretched on time? Being too swamped impacts collaboration.
Are they flooded and overburdened with information?
Does everyone seem so busy all the time that a simple conversation seems difficult?
- Invest on the right collaboration tools and time-management strategy for teams
- Do a deep dive on how to limit unwanted distractions